Reader's Digest Ten Things You Didn't know about nurses.
A Reader's Digest article was posted and has an interesting list of 10 things you didn't know about nurses. What would you add? Do you think it's accurate? The list includes
- Nurses are expected to know everything
- You don’t always know where you stand with patients
- Sometimes nurses have to disobey orders
- Nurses are taught that patients are their primary focus.
- Nurses handle an abundance of bodily fluids (Duh)
- Families are demanding
- Nurses do a lot of heavy lifting profession
- Nursing school doesn’t prepare you for everything
- Nurses often work beyond their scheduled time
- Nurses may be responsible for a lot more than patients
Although not specific to the ER, these are generalizations that include ER nurses. Here's the link for more. https://www.rd.com/advice/work-career/surprising-things-about-being-a-nurse/